CSIM Educational Half-Day
Join us for this free virtual educational half-day!
May 18, 2021 – 12:00pm-4:00pm Eastern Time
12:00-1:00pm – An Approach to Drug Eruptions for the Internist – Dr. Jori Hardin, University of Calgary
- Differentiate morbilliform eruptions and other non-drug reactions from severe adverse cutaneous drug eruptions.
- Recognize severe adverse cutaneous drug eruptions that require inpatient management.
- Employ evidence-based strategies in the management of SJS/TEN.
1:30-2:30pm – Less Common Causes of Heart Failure – Dr. Andrew Grant
- Identify situations in which uncommon causes of heart failure should be considered.
- Select appropriate tests for working up uncommon causes of heart failure.
- Manage uncommon causes of heart failure.
3:00-4:00pm – Perioperative Pulmonary Assessment – Dr. Rajendar Hanmiah, McMaster University
- Incorporate pulmonary risk classifications systems into consultation.
- Recognize the undiagnosed obstructive sleep apnea patient and implement risk-lowering strategies in the perioperative period.
- Improve the approach to perioperative management of hypercarbic respiratory failure and patients on home devices.
The live CSIM Educational Half-Day is an educational activity approved as an Accredited Group Learning Activity under Section 1 of the Framework of Continuing Professional Development options as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. As an accredited provider, CSIM has approved this program for 3 credit hours.
- View faculty and planning committee conflict of interest disclosures.
- Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activities.
- Claim your MOC credits at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Mainport site.