CSIM Virtual Educational Sessions
The CSIM is pleased to announce that it will be holding a series of free online activities:
CSIM/Royal College Osler Lecture – Dr. William Ghali
Wednesday, October 7, 5:00pm ET and Thursday, October 8, 12:00pm ET
New Investigator Award Lecture: Women’s Heart Health: Marrying Research with Clinical Work without Missing a Beat – Dr. Natalie Dayan
- Gain an appreciation for different formulas for success as a GIM researcher.
- Learn how to “choose wisely” in your career.
- Understand how pregnancy can shape a woman’s long-term health (and career.)
Wednesday, October 14, 12:00pm ET and 5:00pm ET
Top Five Papers – Dr. Gabriel Huard
- Identify and summarize the findings of five papers published in 2020 that are highly relevant to internists and general internists in Canada.
- Review the strengths and limitations of the papers using the principles of evidence-based medicine.
- Recognize the implications of these papers for one’s own clinical practice.
Thursday, October 15, 12:00pm ET and 5:00pm ET
Dr. David Sackett Senior Investigator Award Lecture: The Times they are a-Changin’ – What the World Needs Now is GIM, Sweet GIM – Dr. Chaim Bell
- Review areas where GIM clinicians and researchers have contributed to and led in healthcare.
- Identify areas in healthcare they can contribute to and lead and apply that knowledge.
- Describe how senior GIM clinicians and researchers can mentor junior colleagues to lead in healthcare.
Tuesday, October 20, 12:00pm ET and 5:00pm ET
CSIM Annual Business Meeting of Members
Thursday, October 22, 6:00pm ET
Open only to CSIM Members and Associates in good standing.
Ted Giles Clinical Vignettes
Part 1: Thursday, November 5, 12:00pm ET
Part 2: Friday, November 6, 12:00pm ET
Virtual Poster Hall, Exhibit Hall and Mentoring Sessions
Opening October 2020!
If you are interested in exhibiting or sponsoring, contact us at email@example.com.
Webinars hosted by MD Financial Management
Starting your family: financial considerations
Tuesday, September 22 at 7:00pm ET. Register
Bringing estate planning to the forefront (Manitoba and Saskatchewan)
Tuesday, September 29 at 7:00pm CST / 8:00pm CDT. Register
Estate planning considerations
Tuesday, October 6 at 7:00pm ET. Register
Bringing estate planning to the forefront (Atlantic Canada)
Wednesday, October 7 at 7:00pm AT / 7:30pm NT. Register
Your Retirement Journey
Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 7:00 ET. Registration opening soon
Estate and Insurance Planning
Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 1:00pm ET. Registration opening soon
Did you know…
That the CSIM can accredit your virtual educational activities and webinars?
The CSIM is an accredited provider of continuing professional development (CPD) under the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Click here to learn more about having a program accredited by the CSIM.
Follow us on Twitter!
@CSIMSCMI – for CSIM updates.
@CJGIMJournal – for the latest from the Canadian Journal of General Internal Medicine.