CSIM Annual Meeting 2022
Canadian Internal Medicine Ultrasound (CIMUS)
Hands-on Workshop: Basic Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
This one-hour workshop (held concurrently to the workshops on Friday, October 14, 2022) introduces participants to basic musculoskeletal ultrasound techniques relevant to the practice of internal medicine, such as assessing for the presence of a knee or shoulder effusion.
Separate registration form and fee ($45 + GST) apply. Availability is limited.
Registration to the CIMUS Workshop is available only to full conference registrants.
- List common pitfalls of musculoskeletal ultrasound relating to equipment, operator, and artifacts such as anisotropy.
- Acquire standard sonographic views to assess for knee effusion.
- Identify key sonographic landmarks of the shoulder.
- Acquire standard sonographic views to assess for glenohumeral joint effusion.
- Registration is very limited and available only to full conference registrants.
This activity is an Accredited Simulation Activity (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.