Benefits of Membership
The Canadian Society of Internal Medicine has established awards to recognize, support, and acknowledge general internists, residents and medical students.
- CSIM/CAPM Awards for Postgraduate Research
- Ted Giles Clinical Vignettes
- Hui Lee Health Promotion Scholarship
- The CSIM Osler Awards
- New Investigator Award
- Dr. David Sackett Senior Investigator Award
- Dr. Mahesh Raju Award for Resident Mentorship
- Education and Research Fund
Continuing Professional Development
The CSIM offers activities to help meet your educational needs and to obtain accredited CPD hours.
- CSIM’s Annual Meeting offers excellent clinical and research sessions, workshops, short snappers, symposia, poster sessions, exhibits, networking opportunities and social interaction. CSIM members, residents and medical students benefit from reduced conference registration fees. Please click here for more information on the next CSIM Annual Meeting.
- Regional Meetings are also organized to meet the continuing professional needs of our members. Read the CSIM e-newsletter for future announcements
- CSIM is an accredited provider under the Maintenance of Certification program. All CSIM meetings are approved for CPD credits. If you have a program requiring CPD approval, please contact the CSIM Office or visit the CSIM website for MOC information and an application
- The CSIM website offers countless links to sites and tools of interest. Interactive teaching modules and other educational information are also available.
- A section on “jobs” offers you various postings from across the country.
- If you have a job opening, you may advertise this for free on the CSIM website and in the e-newsletter to members. For more information, please click here.
- A Calendar of Events helps to plan your educational events.
Canadian Journal of General Internal Medicine
- Members receive the Canadian Journal of General Internal Medicine (CJGIM). Within there are scientific abstracts, journal reviews, job advertisements, a calendar of events, and articles from personal perspectives.
- CSIM Members in good standing are exempt from the Article Processing Charge of $750 (USD) in the Canadian Journal of General Internal Medicine (CJGIM)
Support of Residents/Students
- The CSIM encourages residents and medical students to consider the exciting field of general internal medicine. Resident and Medical Student Membership in the Society is FREE. CSIM offers many resident/student awards. See the above section on awards.
- CSIM is proud to announce that General Internal Medicine has been approved as a two year subspecialty of Internal Medicine!
- CSIM has published a manuscript entitled “CARE-FULLY: Defining a Plan for General Internal Medicine in Canada.” This document outlines the importance of the General Internal Medicine specialist in the Canadian health care system. The full document or the executive summary may be viewed by contacting the CSIM Office.
- The CSIM actively supports the GIM Program Directors in developing GIM training programs throughout the country.
Liaisons With Other GIM Societies
- CCSIM is reaching out to similar organizations to promote an international dialogue regarding issues facing general internal medicine and general internists. There are also liaisons with the American College of Physicians and the Association of Internal Medicine Specialists of Quebec.