Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Article Processing Charge
The Canadian Journal of General Internal Medicine, like other open access publications, charges an Article Processing Charge (APC) to individual authors and institutions to offset expenses usually covered by the subscriptions and advertisements of subscription-based journals.
As of January 1, 2017, the CJGIM’s APC is $750 (USD) per article. The APC will be waived for authors who are Full Members and Physician Associates (with dues currently paid) of the Canadian Society of Internal Medicine (CSIM) as well as for CSIM Senior Associates. Please indicate in the Private Notes box on the User Profile page if you are in one of the above categories.
The APC is billed upon acceptance of an article. There are no additional charges for colour, length, figures, or other elements. Letters to the Editor and select invited articles are not charged an APC.
Authors living in countries not considered “least developed” (as per the following list of countries) who do not have the ability to pay the APC may be eligible for a reduced APC. Please contact the publisher directly to make a formal request at email@example.com.
- Authors are asked to include the names of 2-3 colleagues as possible peer reviewers for their submission.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.